CAADS Events At-A-Glance
Reframing Approaches to Quality Management in HCBS from the Individual’s Perspective
The Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) Division of Long Term Services & Supports Monthly Training Series: Reframing Approaches to Quality Management in HCBS from the Individual’s Perspective
Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver programs require states to develop and implement a Quality Improvement Strategy (QIS) and meet the CMS HCBS Reporting Requirements. This training will provide states with an opportunity to consider key elements of a QIS while also ensuring the quality strategy captures the individual’s experience with HCBS. This training will also:
- Review approaches to and elements of an effective quality program;
- Provide an overview of the current CMS HCBS Reporting Requirements;
- Discuss the differences between quality by fact and quality by perception;
- Explore the use of data and technology to enhance quality efforts; and,
- Learn how transparency and stakeholder engagement are crucial components for quality improvement systems.
- State examples will be provided throughout the training.