CAADS Events At-A-Glance
State of the State on Oct 6, 12-2 pm PT: Engage with Policymakers and Leaders to Discuss Aging, Disability, Equity and System Transformation
Please register and join The SCAN Foundation on October 6 from 12-2pm PT for a State of the State panel discussion featuring:
• Michelle Baass, Director of the California Department of Health Care Services
• Kim McCoy Wade, Director, California Department of Aging;
• Denny Chan, Directing Attorney for Equity Advocacy at Justice in Aging (Moderator);
• Andy Imparato, Executive Director, Disability Rights California; and
• Kiran Savage-Sangwan, Executive Director of the California Pan Ethnic Health Network
Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian, Chair of the California Assembly Committee on Aging and Long-Term Care, will provide a closing keynote address.
This is a terrific opportunity to learn about the most pressing issues facing California’s long-term services and supports (LTSS) system, with related legislative, budgetary, and programmatic updates. Attendees will hear from and engage with California’s leading experts and policy leaders to better understand California’s policy landscape through an equity lens and consider where they can play a role. This event is the first of our Forum panels, Amplifying all Voices in Aging, every Wednesday in October. We hope to see you there!