CAADS Events At-A-Glance
Oral Health Techniques for Caregivers
Good oral health is synonymous with good overall health, and the ability to speak and eat remains relevant well into old age. Many caregivers are tasked with the responsibility of taking care of a loved one’s teeth once they are no longer able to for themselves. In this webinar you will learn how to care for someone else’s mouth as if it is your own.
• Understand the caregiver’s role in maintaining oral hygiene even for patients who do not express a desire for dental care.
• Have a basic understanding of oral health and hygiene.
• Understand why dentistry is relevant to good health.
• Review oral hygiene techniques.
• Recognize which mouths require professional intervention and how to get it.
Presenter: Dr. Rosa Mathai, DMD is a general dentist in private practice in San Francisco. She was formerly the chief of house call services with House Call Dentists and on staff at Kaiser Permanente and CPMC hospitals in San Francisco, providing dental care in their operating rooms and emergency care to inpatients. Dr. Mathai’s clinical experience spans nearly a decade of practicing safe and comfortable dental care for geriatric and special needs adults, especially those with complex medical needs.
When: Tuesday, July 27, from 11 a.m. to 12 noon (PT)
Cost: No Charge